- The only way to join the Sick Leave Bank is using the link below.
- Employees may join during the open enrollment period from July 1 to September 30.
- The purpose of the Sick Leave Bank is to provide sick leave to contributors to the bank after the member’s accumulative sick leave has been exhausted – more specifically to provide such leave from the bank in cases of personal illnesses.
- THIS LEAVE IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEAVE TO EMPLOYEES WHO WILL BE RETURNING TO WORK.
- Sick leave covered by the bank is for catastrophic illness, injury, pregnancy, or quarantine that makes an employee unable to perform the duties of his/her/their position. The bank may be used for maternity and maternity-related illnesses. The bank may not be used for illness or disabilities related to the contributor’s family.
- Sick Leave Bank benefits may not be used to postpone retirement.
- To receive benefits a claim must be filed by the employee. To file a claim, call the TABCO office and request a claim form.
- Claim forms are reviewed by a three-member approval committee, consisting of members selected by the Association.
- Benefit to members of TABCO vs. nonmembers: Should a second opinion medical review be necessary, TABCO may assume out-of-pocket expenses for Association members. Nonmembers and will assume 100% of the costs.
- One year maximum Sick Leave Bank benefit during career with BCPS.
To join the Sick Leave Bank complete and return the enrollment form below or contact the TABCO office. Once your enrollment form is processed, you will receive a confirmation email. Please put this document in your professional documents folder.
Contact Stacie Strickland at email@example.com to request a TSLB claim form.
What are the advantages to being a member? Find out why it pays to also be a member of TABCO when you’re a member of the TABCO Sick Leave Bank.
Rules and Procedures that govern the TABCO Sick Leave Bank
FAQ for Expectant Parents do’s and don’ts for new or expectant parents
AFLAC Maternity Benefits a great benefit for TABCO members only.